Road to Re-Open - Worship Updates (updated 10/12/20)
We are continuing to offer two In Person worship opportunities each Sunday as well as an online option for the convenience and safety of all. Our sanctuary is now currently open for In Person person worship on Sundays at 9:00 AM starting in October. Note that we will also be live streaming the 9:00 AM service concurrently with the In Person worship. During the month of October we will also be holding our Drive In worship at the Gathering Place (behind Ace Robbins) at 10:00 AM. (In the case of inclement weather worship will be held in the sanctuary.)
Starting November 1, we will offer worship in the sanctuary on Sundays at both 9:00 AM and at 10:30 AM. (The 9:00 AM service will also be live streamed.) The 10:30 start time will allow for safer socially distancing as well as sanitization. We ask that all attendees of our In Person worship to follow the safety guidelines outlined below.
Safe Socially Distanced Worship
TUMC has intentionally been cautious in phasing in our In Person worship following Wesley’s call to “Do No Harm.” As we begin to re-open our sanctuary for in person worship this Fall please note that for the safety of all we ask that worship attendees follow the PA state and CDC guidelines:
· Please stay home if you are sick or a member of your family is sick or running a temperature.
· Worship attendees are asked to wear facial masks at all times while in the sanctuary.
· Please use hand sanitizer as your enter and exit.
· Sit in every other pew and family groups are asked to space 6 feet apart.
· Attendance information will be taken for contact tracing.
· Congregational singing is discouraged.
· Offering plates will not be passed. Offering plates will be available near the entrances/exits.
· Please do not gather in small groups/no coffee hour at this time.
· Please exit by the side aisles.
Note: Entry to all sanctuary services shall be limited to the capacity allotted by current State and CDC guidelines.
Outside Non-profit Group Gatherings (AA, Al-Anon, Tops, etc.) are beginning to be scheduled in Sherburne Hall on a limited basis. Facemasks are required while in the buildings. Groups may contact the church office (570-836-1229) for availability.
Questions? Contact our church office at 570-836-1229 or click here to contact us via email.
Please continue to check back here on the website for updates.